Pet Cancer Awareness Month on May, 2022: My Jack Russell has just had her first season, when can I breed her?
May, 2022 is Pet Cancer Awareness Month 2022. Pet Cancer Awareness - Supporting the fight against Dog and Cat Cancer Pet Cancer Awareness
I got a healthy 2 month old JRT puppy at a shelter. she's beautiful. Sounds like maybe you should really be educated more about breeding before you start, because if you aren't doing this professionally, and just want the puppies, you can find really cute JRTs in rescues and shelters. And if you're asking this question, it seems like you haven't researched breeding enough IMO. (if i offended you i'm sorry)
and the only 2 reasons I reply to questions like this about breeding your dogs when you are not a breeder are
1. you may not know that by not spaying or neutering usually means reproductive cancers in your pets (I found this out too late when I had my first dog he developed testicular cancer which is common if not removed but it was too late to remove his by then) So i want to let you know if you were like me and didn't know.
2. I feel bad about so many strays on the street and all the animals in shelters 10-12 million animals in the US are euthanized each year in shelters because of overpopulation
I feel like people get defensive about this because they think "its my pet and i can do whatever i want it's my choice". That's true as long as they're not abusing or neglecting the animal (IMO). But i still feel its important to just remind people about why spaying/neutering is important in case they didnt know! And no one without a good knowledge of breeding and how to care for the mother and pups should breed anyway right?? I still see all these thumbs down for people who say "spay/neuter". There's no police involved, it's just people who really do care about all the stray animals and crowded shelters.
I want to do whatever i can to prevent horrible news like what I posted here
if it pisses some people off forme to remind about fixing your pets, so be it. But my wish is to do it as offensivelessly as possible, i hope it at least brings awareness
Where are vet places thtll do free check ups?
Plumbers don't work for free, doctors and dentists don't, and neither do vets.
However in California there are places that help. here's some of them.
1) ROSE'S FUND FOR ANIMALS ( WWW.ROSESFUND. COM ) EXCELLENT WEBSITE FOR A LIST OF HELPING ORGANIZATIONS AND PRIVATE CITIZENS. 877-505-4234
2) PET ASSISTANCE ( SAN DIEGO AREA ) 619-528-1929
3) PENNY ADAMS ( SAN DIEGO AREA ) 619-466-0426
4) ACTORS AND OTHERS ( HELPING IN LA, SAN BERNADINO, RIVERSIDE, VENTURA AND ORANGE COUNTY 818-755-6045/ 818-755-6323
5) RUFF ( HELPING IN ORANGE COUNTY ) 949-580-1092
6) ACTIVE GIVING. . .FREE TO SET UP DONATION ON WEBSITE, THEY TAKE 6.5% AND IT TAKES A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET $$$ BUT WORTH A SHOT WWW.ACTIVEGIVING. COM 888-543-7223
7) ANIMAL WELFARE ( CLOSED FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY ) 888-616-9663
8) CONCERNED ANIMAL LOVERS ( MOSTLY LA AREA ) 714-738-4832
9) IN MEMORY OF MAGIC ( IMOM ) ( MUST BE GOING TO DIE IN 10 DAYS ) 1-630-214-8952
10) UNITED ANIMAL NATIONS. . .LIFELINE GRANT ( BETWEEN 100 AND 300 ) 916-429-2457
11) LEND A PAW. . . ( PALM DESSERT AREA ) 760-327-4458 CARE CREDIT ( WHERE YOU CAN TRY TO BORROW MONEY IF YOU HAVE A JOB AND CREDIT ) 800-859-9975
12) FACE FOUNDATION ( WILL PAY TOTAL COST IF THEY DETERMINE ANIMAL HAS A LIFE THREATENING ILLNESS OR ACCIDENT ) ( WWW.FACEFORPETS. ORG ) 858-450-3223
13) ANIMAL CANCER THERAPY SUBSIDATION SOCIETY ( ALBERTA CANADA ) NEED TO GOOGLE IT
14) CANINE CANCER AWARENESS ( WWW.CANINECANCERAWA RENESS.ORG ) HAVE LIMITED FUNDS RIGHT NOW BUT CAN PUT YOUR PET ON A LIST FOR A SPONSERS NEEDED PAGE
15) PAWS (NICE PEOPLE BUT TAKES 3 MONTHS TO GET A GRANT) SAN DIEGO 619-297-7297
16) CODYS CLUB ( WWW.BRAVEHOST. COM ) HELPS WITH ANIMAL RADIATION TREATMENTS
17) GOOD SAM FUND ( WWW.GOODSAMFUND. ORG ) WORTH A TRY
18) THE MOSBY FOUNDATION ( WWW.THEMOSBYFOUNDAT ION.ORG ) ANIMAL EMERGENCY FUNDING
19) ONYX AND BREEZY FOUNDATION (WWW.ONYXANDBREEZYF OUNDATION. ORG ) HELP FUND PETS MEDICAL TREATMENT WHERE OWNER IN FINACIAL HARDSHIP
20) THE PET FUND ( WWW.THEPETFUND. ORG ) HELPS PAY ANIMAL MEDICAL BILLS
21) PIGGERS PALS.ORG. . .OUT OF FUNDING NOW BUT IN THE FUTURE???
22) THE AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION WEBSITE. . .POSSIBLE HELP
23) VETERINARY SCHOOLS.COM. . ..POSSABLE HELP
24) HAPPY CAT RESCUE. . ...619-813-7025. . .. . .MAKENASACKS@ GMAIL.COM. ..RESCUES CATS ABOUT TO BE PUT DOWN. . ..WWW.HAPPYCATRESCU E.BLOGSPOT. COM
25) SHELTERDOGS TO DREAM DOGS. . ..SHELTERDOGSTODREA MDOGS.COM. . ...RESCUES DOGS AND TRAINS DOGS TO BE THERAPY DOGS. . ..
26) ALSO YOU MAY TRY TO GET PET INSURANCE AS SOON AS YOU GET THE PET OR AS SOON AS YOU SEE A PROBLEM, HEARD FROM ONE PERSON GOT A PUP WITH PARVO AND EMEDIATELY FILED FOR PET INSURANCE AND INSTEAD OF 3000 DOLLARS IN VET FEES HE PAID 100 DEDUCTABLE AND 20.00 DOLLARS PER MONTH.
27) HELPS FIND TEMPORARY SHELTER/FOSTER CARE FOR DOGS AND CATS WWW.FOSTERDOGS. COM
28) HELPS FIND TEMPORARY FOSTER CARE FOR PETS WHEN IN HARDSHIP WWW.SDSHELTERS. COM
29) " SHELTER PET PARTNERS " HELPS FIND TEMPORARY SHELTER/FOSTER CARE FOR PETS
30) " DOGZ IN NEED " MAY BE ABLE TO HELP WITH VARIOUS FIND TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE FOR PET OWNERS IN HARDSHIP. . .. . .760-297-1040
31) WONDERFUL LADY WITH LOTS OF HELPFUL INFORMATION. . ..WWW.PETLOVERSPUBL ICATIONS. COM OR YOU CAN E-MAIL JUDY AT JUDYPET2@GMAIL. COM
Would anybody be willing to share their views on tanning beds and their connection to causing skin cancer?
If you'd like to talk to me, feel free to e-mail; check out my 360. I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma in March 2006. I can not even begin to tell you my trials. In short, I am fair skinned, blue eyed. I do not know my family history, because I was adopted. I was told that it can be hereditary. I was also told, that tanning beds, sun exposure, and burning, during youth were all factors. NO form of ultraviolet radiation is better for you. All are potentially dangerous. Melanoma Awareness is something that is being worked on. Feel free to type in Melanoma, Malignant Melanoma, and skin cancer. You will undoubtabley find an array of literature. I have spent the last eight months researching. Tannning Beds/Salons are supposed to put warnings about repeated exposure. Much like cigarette companies put warning on their packs about lung cancer. No one seems to pay as much attention to skin cancer. I am stage III. I started my treatments, yesterday. Its going to be a long rough year. I wish I had protected myself years ago. I've had a wle/snb, lnd, ct, bone, mri, pet, and echo. I was recently ordered an ultrasound. Its a deadly disease. I can give you a web-site, that I frequent. Everyone there has advanced stages of Melanoma (ie: skin cancer) they will be more than willing to answer any and all of your ?'s...they will even get the answers to the ?'s for you. They are a wonderful bunch. They take this disease seriously...and its causes...they write letters to congress about tanning beds/ and most recently....tanning showers. Feel free to check it out, or ask me any further ?'s.... http:mpip.org