Chili Peppers and Figs Month on September, 2021: food that improve sex?
September, 2021 is Chili Peppers and Figs Month 2021. Card Of The Day Card of the Day :: The Ace of
Many foods can help boost your sex life by improving the look and feel of skin, aiding energy and increasing feelings of well-being.
Here are a 10 foods that have been considered aphrodisiacs at one time or another:
1. Chocolate. For an simple pleaser, try a rich chocolate dessert to inspire your lust. Whether it is the serotonin in chocolate that gets you going or merely the sensual pleasure of eating it, chocolate has been celebrated throughout the ages as a sexual stimulant. The Aztecs considered it the food of the gods; tribal leaders consumed it in mass quantities to keep them going with hundreds of sex partners.
2. Chili peppers: “Capsaicin,” a chemical that stimulates our nerve endings and raises our pulse, is responsible for the “heat” in chili peppers. This aphrodisiac food is also thought to release endorphins, which give our bodies a natural high. Some researchers believe that is the case with all “hot” foods. Garlic is another example of these aphrodisiac foods.
3.Red wine. Red wine is one of the most potent sources of the antioxidant known as resveratrol. According to researchers from Northwestern University, this powerful antioxidant actually increases estrogen production, leading to a heightened sexual appetite. That means she may just want to skip right to you for dessert. Be careful: Too much wine, too fast, can lead to drowsiness, and the dreaded, “Not tonight, I’m too tired,” line.
4.Carrots. Another good reason to eat carrots - believed to be a stimulant to the male. The phallus shaped carrot has been associated with stimulation since ancient times and was used by early Middle Eastern royalty to aid seduction. Carrots have high vitamins and beta-carotene.
5.Figs. An open fig is thought to emulate the female sex organs and traditionally thought of as sexual stimulant. A man breaking open a fig and eating it in front of his lover is a powerful erotic act. Serve fresh Black Mission figs in a cool bowl of water as it is done in Italy and be sure to eat with your fingers!
6.Truffles. The Greeks and the Romans considered the rare Truffle to be an aphrodisiac. Black truffles are popular through fall and winter and may last even longer. White truffles might only be on the menu for one month in late fall.The musky scent is said to stimulate and sensitize the skin to touch.
7.Ginseng. Find this aphrodisiac in its many forms at grocery stores on Chinatown. It is known to be especially powerful for men and can be consumed directly as a dried root or cooked into soups, teas and meat dishes. Add bits of fresh root or ginseng powder when cooking rice to infuse the starch with an earthy, bitter-sweet flavor–then brace yourself for the full effect.
8.Honey. Many medicines in Egyptian times were based on honey including cures for sterility and impotence. Medieval seducers plied their partners with Mead, a fermented drink made from honey. Lovers on their “Honeymoon” drank mead and it was thought to s “sweeten” the marriage.
9.Avocado: The vitamin B6 contained in the avocado is said to increase male hormone production. The avocado also contains potassium which aids in regulating the female thyroid gland. A note about the avocado: the Aztecs called the avocado tree a “testicle tree” because they thought the fruit hanging in pairs on the tree looked like male testicles.
10.Bananas. The banana flower has a marvelous phallic shape and is partially responsible for popularity of the banana as an aphrodisiac food. An Islamic myth tells the tale that after Adam and Eve succumbed to the “Apple” they started covering their “nudity” with banana leaves rather than fig. From a more practical standpoint bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins, necessities for sex hormone production.
Zinc in particular can help a flagging sex life. In addition to increasing fertility, heightening the senses of taste and smell, and regulating his sperm function, this 'sexy mineral' plays a part in the healing processes of the body.
This sample menu combines a variety of foods with different benefits that can all boost your libido and sexual well-being.
Try a compote of figs, bananas and strawberries. The first two can improve sexual stamina and berries can aid in fertility.
Tuck into a plate of cold sliced chicken breast, with a wedge of camembert cheese - both of these foods contain a good supply of zinc. Serve with a small salad of avocado and tomato, good sources of vitamin E for healthy, soft skin. Scatter with freshly torn basil leaves and slices of fresh mozzarella, then drizzle with some fruity olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
For an evening meal, choose lamb or beef fillet, seasoned and browned first in a little oil, then roasted in a baking dish with fresh rosemary and a splash of red wine. You can prepare a brown rice pilaf (below) and roast the meat while the rice is cooking.
For one person measure 75ml /2 1/2 fl oz of rice in a measuring cup (for two use 150ml/5 fl oz). Heat a little oil in a medium saucepan and fry one small chopped onion until soft and just beginning to colour. Add the rice and stir so the oil and onion just coat the grains. Boil the kettle and measure out 150ml boiling water and pour onto the rice. (If cooking enough for two, use 300ml boiling water.) Add half a teaspoon of salt, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to very low, cover and let the rice cook for 35-40 minutes without lifting the lid.
When the rice is done stir in some toasted flaked almonds and serve with the meat and some lightly steamed asparagus.
Red meat, brown rice and almonds are excellent sources of zinc, and asparagus provides vitamin E, an antioxidant that also contributes to healthy skin and cells.
Melt a little dark chocolate and serve as a dip with fresh strawberries. In addition to boosting fertility, strawberries are rich in the all-important vitamin C. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, a natural chemical present in the brain thought to cause the feelings experienced when one is in love. There are also stimulants in chocolate, theobromine and caffeine, that may not improve your health but will help keep you going for, ahem, short periods.
How to boost libido and semen volume naturally?
1. Eat a good diet: Overall, eating a nutritious diet full of fruits and vegetables will help you feel better and more in the mood for sexual activity.
2. Drink alcohol: Although drinking too much can have an adverse effect, alcohol, particularly high quality beer and distilled spirits, can improve your overall and sexual health.
3. Almonds: Almonds are full of fatty acids that will help with circulation.
4. Goji berries: Goji berries will help increase testosterone levels in both men and women, as well as improve sexual stamina.
5. Eat healthy fats: Your body needs fat to create hormones, so don't cut fat out of your diet.
6. Black licorice: Black licorice can increase genital bloodflow by 40 percent.
7. Celery: In celery, you'll find androsterone, which is a hormone that's been known to turn women on.
8. Bananas: This phallic fruit can offer a shot in the arm to the male libido.
9. Avocado: These delicious gems are full of fatty acids that will support your circulatory health.
10. Avoid extreme dieting: Dieting too much or too harshly can leave your body devoid of the nutrients it needs for sexual health.
11. Asparagus: This vegetable is a good source for sexual health supporting vitamin E.
12. Nutmeg: Indian medicine uses nutmeg for enhancing desire, and its extract has been found to have the same effect as Viagra.
13. Chili peppers: Chili peppers contain capasaicin, which supports good circulation.
14. Eat protein: Protein offers plenty of energy that will make you more receptive to sex.
15. Avoid caffeine: Caffeine can reduce your libido, so do your best to avoid coffee tea, and soda with caffeine.
16. Basil: This herb increases your circulation and supports a sense of well being.
17. Soy: Eating lots of soy can increase your arousal, as the food's phytoestrogens mimic estrogen.
18. Garlic: Although not great for sexy breath, garlic offers allicin, which can improve the blood flow to your sexual organs.
19. Avoid heavy carbohydrates: Pasta dishes will put you to sleep, rather than get you in the mood.
20. Brazil nuts: Brazil nuts are full of the amino acid arginine, which can boost levels of blood to the genitals.
21. Figs: Figs are believed to increase stamina, and are high in amino acids.
22. The smell of comfort food: Researchers say that men can be turned on by foods they enjoy, such as doughnuts, pizza, and strawberries.
23. Pumpkin seeds: In pumpkin seeds, you'll find zinc, which helps men produce testosterone, and will help support a woman's sex drive.
How to eat right and healthy?
Fruit - apples, pears, oranges, pineapple, mangos, kiwi, lemons, tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, peaches, plums, figs, grapes, raisins, apricots, berries, etc.
Vegetables - asparagus, zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, celery, beets, turnips, eggplant, potatoes, etc.
Dark leafy greens - romaine lettuce, kale, swiss chard, red leaf lettuce, collards, bok choy, basil, parsley, beet greens, etc.
Legumes - black beans, kidney beans, soybeans, garbanzo beans, lentils, lima beans, peas, etc.
Whole grains - oats, barley, quinoa, teff, millet, buckwheat, brown rice, wild rice, etc.
I use a lot of spices - salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, cayenne, dried oregano, parsley flakes, etc.