National Candy Month on June, 2020: Why have people forgotten Autism Awareness Month?
June, 2020 is National Candy Month 2020. The Food Temptress: HAPPY NATIONAL CANDY MONTH! June is National Candy Month!
No, I'm not disappointed because I didn't have high expectations. There are many reasons why Autism Awareness Month (and all the other themed month holidays) hasn't caught on yet:
1.The main reason is it's simply not commercial enough. Who wants to celebrate a holiday with no gifts, candy, cards, costumes, or decorations? Only people who have some sort of personal interest in autism.
2. It gets overshadowed by Easter, which has been around longer and has both commercial and religious meaning. Unless someone invents an Autism Bunny, Autism Awareness just can't compete.
3. It's a new holiday that most people have never heard of. It's not even on calendars.
4. It takes a whole month. There is a specific Autism Awareness Day (April 2) within the month, but none of the "Insert Theme Here" Month holidays have ever really caught on. I guess it doesn't really appeal to people.
5. There aren't specific activities or traditions that you're supposed to do, and no symbols (e.g. a Christmas tree) or mascots associated with it.
6. You don't get the day off school or work.
7. There are just too many themed months to remember, and every month has multiple themes.
I've never even heard of Couples' Month or Poetry Month, and I've only heard about National Karaoke Week on the Y!A homepage. I know it's Holocaust Remembrance Month, but I haven't heard much about it this year. If you want autism awareness to catch on, you'll have to be patient and try to promote it within your community as best you can.
Is there such thing as a National Chocolate Day?
3rd – National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day
8th – National English Toffee Day
26th – National Peanut Brittle Day
15th – National Gum Drop Day
19th – Chocolate Mint Day
3rd week – American Chocolate Week
19th – National Chocolate Caramel Day
24th – National Chocolate-Covered Raisin Day
12th – National Licorice Day
21st – National Chocolate-Covered Cashews Day
22nd – National Jelly Bean Day
12th – National Nutty Fudge Day
15th – National Chocolate Chip Day
23rd – National Taffy Day
National Candy Month
16th – Fudge Day
7th – Chocolate Day
15th – Gummi Worm Day
20th – National Lollipop Day
28th – National Milk Chocolate Day
4th – National Chocolate Chip Day
10th – S’mores Day
30th – National Toasted Marshmallow Day
13th – International Chocolate Day
22nd – National White Chocolate Day
National Caramel Month
28th – National Chocolate Day
30th – National Candy Corn Day
31st – National Caramel Apple Day
7th – National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
7th – National Cotton Candy Day
16th – National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day
26th – National Candy Cane Day
28th – National Chocolate Day
29th – National Chocolate Day
how can we ever balance our national budget again?
Not with Pelosi, Reid, And Obama spending money like kids in a candy store!!! Obama has quadrupled the budget deficit in his first 6 months. EVERY penny of that money was borrowed because we did not have it to spend!! With such a lack of fiscal restraint and arrogant, blatant, disregard for frugality and the voice of the people who have not agreed with any of the legislation they are forcing down our throats, it is no wonder that China has not called in their loans and demanded payment. God help is if that ever does happen or our credit rating is downgraded because this president is so inept as an executive I truly believe he would do something so foolish to try and compensate that the country would be ruined FOREVER!!!!