Fresh Florida Tomatoes Month on April, 2020: How can I lose 20 pounds by this time next month?
April, 2020 is Fresh Florida Tomatoes Month 2020. Florida Tomatoes Search for Florida Tomatoes. Look Up Fast Results now!
1. Drink plenty of water. Our body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This it self will discourage any tendency to gorge. The best thing about water is that is has no calories at all.
2. Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, gulp down a glass of cool water. It’s a wonderful way to start you day and you only need a lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that. A glass of water lets out all your digestive juices and sort of lubricates the insides of your body. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It is good for you.
3. Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
4. Have another glass of water while you are having the meal. Again this is another way of making yourself full so that you can actually rise from the table eating less but feeling full just the same. Instead of drinking it one gulp, take sips after each morsel. It will help the food to settle faster so that you get that feeling that you are full faster. SIDENOTE: Water is such a remarkable thing, but seldom do we give it the credit that it deserves. Did you know that over 66% of your body weight is nothing but water’ It’s amazing! Water also plays a vital role in weight control, which is why I donated so much space to it, above.
5. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks, especially sodas. Hey all those colas and fizzy drinks are sweetened with sugar and sugar means calories. The more you can cut out on these sweetened bottle drinks, the better for you. So if you must drink sodas, then stick to diet sodas.
6. Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.
7. Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. Juice is often sweetened but fresh fruits have natural sugars. When you eat fruit, you are taking in a lot of fiber, which is needed by the body, and fruits of course are an excellent source of vitamins.
8. If you do have a craving for fruit juice then go for fresh fruit juice instead of these that contain artificial flavors and colors. Or even better, try making your own fruit juice taking care not to sweeten it with too many calories.
9. Choose fresh fruit to processed fruits. Processed and canned fruits do not have as much fiber as fresh fruit and processed and canned fruits are nearly always sweetened.
10. Increase your fiber intake. Like I mentioned, the body needs a lot of fiber. So try to include in your diet as many fruits and vegetables as you can.
11. Go crazy on vegetables. Vegetables are your best bet when it comes to losing pounds. Nature has a terrific spread when it comes to choosing vegetables. And the leafy green vegetables are your best bet. Try to include a salad in you diet always
Storing veggies, refrigerate or not?
you should not refrigerate unsliced tomatoes...after they are sliced then refrigerate and use in a couple of days...
Storing Tomatoes: Counter or Refrigerator?
What is the best place to store tomatoes: the kitchen counter or the refrigerator?
Don't give tomatoes the cold shoulder. Store them at room temperature (above 55 F) until they have fully ripened. This will allow them to ripen properly and develop good flavor and aroma. A ripe tomato is red or reddish orange, depending on variety, and yields to slight pressure.
The Florida Tomato Committee recommends storing tomatoes with their stem end up. According to the Tomato Committee, "The shoulders are the softest part of the tomato; leaving them stem-side down will almost always result in bruising of the product."
"Try to store tomatoes out of direct sunlight, because sunlight will cause them to ripen unevenly," advises the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 5 A Day program. "If you must store tomatoes for a longer period of time, place them (after they're fully ripened) in the refrigerator. Serve them at room temperature."
What food should I eat during a heat wave? oranges, peaches, turkey sandwich with extra lettuce, lots of water (obviously), stay away from sugar other than natural sugar. Cook out on the grill, grilled talapia and fresh fish, grilled veggies and a nice salad for dinner. Tomatoes. I lived in Central Florida for years. Heat waves lasted 3 months there.
What food should I eat during a heat wave?
oranges, peaches, turkey sandwich with extra lettuce, lots of water (obviously), stay away from sugar other than natural sugar. Cook out on the grill, grilled talapia and fresh fish, grilled veggies and a nice salad for dinner. Tomatoes.
I lived in Central Florida for years. Heat waves lasted 3 months there.