Day of The Five Billion 2018 is on Wednesday, July 11, 2018: How much time is in a day?
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 is Day of The Five Billion 2018. World population milestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia World population milestones
FACT: the world is at least 4.6 billion years old. The bible claims to be approximately 6,500. Christians try to argue this by saying the usage of the word “day” in genesis is actually a term for thousands of years in time. This rationalization, they believe can help evolution be accepted into the bible. In other words Christians are trying to say that the word “day” is not meant to be as a 24 hour period. This idea is COMPLETELY FALSE AND NOT PLAUSIBLE. All it takes is a little research into the meaning of the Hebrew word for day and the usage of it in consistency. Of course, it should be common knowledge that the first five books of the Old Testament were written in Hebrew. The Hebrew word for day used in the genesis is account is “yom”, which is a definite 24-hour period. Christians attempt to say that because there was no sun until the fourth day, that the word yom is null and void. This cant be, for the lord claimed there was light, a morning and an evening PRIOR to the sun being created, hence the sun was not even needed. (Also note another contradiction here, that Christians/Jews refuse to notice. They’ll claim the word yom is void because there is no sun, yet that would mean that there couldn’t have been light or a way to decipher between morning and evening. Obviously this is a MAJOR scientific blunder on Jehovah’s behalf.) Now this fact alone pretty much blows the shit out of the bible, but let’s pretend to accept the word yom is really meant for eons of time, how then can we reconcile the following?:
1) If a day is an era, why are an evening and a morning even mentioned? Actual days must be intended, otherwise, men who lived hundreds of years, e.g., Seth and Noah, would really have lived millions of years. If a day is an era, then a year must be tremendously long, perhaps encompassing hundreds of millions of years;
2) If a day is an era, then much of the Old Testament becomes chaotic. For example, in each of the following verses the same Hebrew word “yom” is employed: “And the flood was forty days upon the earth” (Genesis 7: 1 7), “And he [Moses] was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights” (Exodus 34:28), and “Thus I fell down before the Lord forty days and forty nights...” (Deuteronomy 9:25). If “yom” means era instead of a 24-hour period, Moses was “there with the Lord” for a VERY long time.
3) If a day means more than 24-hour period, then how are we to interpret the following verses, as well as scores of others. “Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath. . . . in it thou shalt not work... For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth… and rested the seventh day” (Exodus 20:9-11).
4) Genesis 1:16 (“And God made two great lights: The greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night”) states the sun rules the day and the moon rules the night. This obviously is referring to time as we know it, time with days that are 24 hours long with daylight ruling half of each.
5) Adam was made on the sixth day (Genesis 1:26-31) which was supposedly thousand of years long. This was followed by the 7th day which was also thousands of years long. Following the 7th day, Adam fell into sin and was expelled from the Garden. This would mean Adam lived thousands of years, which is false, since he died at age 930 (Genesis 5:5).
6) Genesis 1:5 surely spoke of literal day and literal night, and the inference from the statement, “And the evening and the morning were the first day,” is that it was a literal day of evening and morning, 24-hours. There is no Biblical evidence that the days of this chapter were longer periods.
7) If we do try to buy into what the Jehovah’s quote as “a day can be a thousand years” even this isn’t sufficient enough time. For the earth is at least 4.6 billion. The biblical passages concerning time should’ve read that days can be like MILLIONS of years. Obviously, their claim falls apart under mathematic speculation.
For those of you Christians who are STILL clinging to the idea that evolution can be reconciled with the bible, take a little advice from one of your own brethren on the matter. The following is a CHRISTIAN AUTHOR who admits that the word yom does mean a 24 hour period in the creation account:
"The Hebrew word for ‘day’ is ‘yom’ and this word can occasionally be used to mean an indefinite period of time, if the content warrants. In the overwhelming preponderance of its occurrences in the O.T., however, it means a literal day… Still further, the plural form of the word (Hebrew 'yamim') is used over 700 times in the O.T. and always, without exception, refers to literal ‘days.’" (The Bible Has the Answers, Henry Morris, p. 94).
Obviously even Creationist Morris admits the idea that each day represented an era is ridiculous. Not only is the day-age theory unacceptable scripturally, but it also is grossly in conflict with the geological position with which it attempts to compromise. My suggestion? Make a valid justification as to how the creation account can be plausible, until then don’t pimp feeble lies to cover up for your even more errant book.
I need a 31 DAY calendar outlining the events of the Big Bang.?
The problem in making a 31 day calendar of the Big Bang is very long stretches of nothing happening.
If we are now on day 31 at 4.32E17 seconds the last interesting thing that happened was the hydrogen and helium capturing electrons. Matter is electrically neutral and light (CMBR) can travel freely at 1.16E13 seconds. That would be the 71.9 second of day 1.
There is the genesis of stars and galaxies, which isn't really BBT. If you'd care to be Earth centric you can indicate the formation of the Milky Way halo on day two. On day three giant black holes and quasars formed. Day ten offers the excitement of the birth of our Sun; Wa-hee! Day 17 sees the formation of the Milky Way disc. And on the 19th you can mention the acceleration of expansion.
It would be a pretty empty calendar with little of it having anything to do with the Big Bang directly.
If the CMBR occurs on day 31 at 1.16E13 seconds the interesting thing that happened before then was the temperature drops enough that it is cold enough for protons and neutrons to stick together forming atomic nuclei at 9.9E2 seconds. That would be the first 1/4000 of the first second of day 1.
Day six you'd make a note of the matter beginning to clump.
With a five second = 31 day calendar there are interesting things going on in the first hundred-billion-billion-billionth of the first second of day one when…
All about Judgement day?
It makes me glad to hear you have such wisdom at the young age of 14. What your mother said is correct, the Bible states that no one knows when Judgment day will be except God the Father; not even Christ Himself knows, so how people get the idea that they can know the day is beyond me. This whole issue is really a distraction and Christians should not be concerned with it. We are to serve God the same way whether the end of the world is tomorrow or in a million years.